Beginning in 2005 and ending last summer, the computer systems of Nasdaq OMX Group, J.C. Penney Co, and about a dozen other companies were breached by hackers, resulting in the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars, federal prosecutors alleged Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Reports: Anthem Hack Affected Past Customers
- How Windows XP Could Put Electric Grid at Risk
- Don't Mess With Coupons
- Macy's CEO Was Appalled by Martha Deal
- Anthem Officials Investigate How California Members Fared in Hack
- A Humbled Microsoft to Reboot Windows 8
- JC Penney Turns to Old CEO
- Will ‘Firing Its Customer Base’ Help J.C. Penney?