Herbalife becomes the sponsor of Swedish soccer team Hammarby under an agreement reached today between the Los Angeles nutrition company and AEG.
Entertainment giant AEG owns a 49 percent stake in the club and manages the team and its home stadium.
The sponsorship agreement, which was announced as a six-figure deal, lasts through 2016. Herbalife already sponsors AEG’s Los Angeles team, LA Galaxy.
"This agreement is part of Herbalife's broader sponsorship program to develop authentic relationships with teams and athletes based on using nutrition to help improve performance,” Edi Hienrich, senior vice president and managing director of Herbalife Europe Ltd in a statement.
A player-sharing program has been established between Hammarby and Galaxy. Swedish players will spend some time training at the Galaxy’s StubHub Center in Carson. The Herbalife logo will be unveiled on the Swedish team’s shirts on Tuesday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Beckham Exit Would Put Sponsors on Wrong Foot
- China, Galaxy Deals Boost Herbalife
- Herbalife Kicks In for Youth Soccer League Sponsorship
- Volleyball Legend Inks Herbalife Deal
- TV Contract Accents Spanish-Speaking Viewership
- Healthy Branding
- Herbalife Looks to Compete in Athletic Market
- Galaxy Shines Thanks to Its Star