IBM is partnering with Waterfund to create the first-ever water cost index, the Daily Ticker at Yahoo Finance reports. It will estimate the cost of producing water globally for 25 percent of the world’s GDP, and allow the creation of financial products to invest in the water sector.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Immigration Reform Could Cost Social Security Billions
- Buffett Makes Huge Bet on U.S. Housing Market
- Analyst: Home Prices Nowhere Near Bottom
- Whole Foods CEO: Why We Pay Employees More Than We Have To
- Report: Financial Crisis Cost Americans $12.8 Trillion
- Why Men Are Failing in This New Economy
- FedEx Ready for its Busiest Shipping Day
- Cyprus to Raid Personal Savings; Global Markets Upset