The fourth quarter earnings cavalcade has arrived, with major companies like Google, IBM and Texas Instruments exceeding Wall Street's expectations. Still, many corporations are tempering their earnings outlooks with more than a dollop of caution. CNBC reports that the pessimism underscores how, after four years of dark clouds stemming from the global financial pandemic, many executives are having a hard time buying into the idea of bluer skies.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. Stimulus Pullback Dominates G-20 Talks
- Twenty-Five Years in Business News
- Virgin Atlantic Dons Google Glass
- PRISM Scandal Boosts DuckDuckGo
- Is Your Cloud Drive Really Private?
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 16: Google to Connect Latin America and Los Angeles with New Undersea Cable
- Apple Says Latest iPhone Set New Sales Record
- Why Did Target Take So Long to Report Breach?