A year after New Zealander Kim Dotcom's controversial website, Megaupload, was shut by the FBI for alleged breach of copyright, the website owner is back with the launch of Mega, a new encrypted file-storage website, the Wall Street Journal reports. Dotcom was accused of operating a website used to pirate half a billion dollars in entertainment.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hollywood Takes Megaupload to Court
- Websites Increasingly Vary Offers Based on User Information
- Hollywood's New Screen Test
- Times Co. Sells About.com
- Music Labels Join Studios in Suing MegaUpload
- Small Firms Use Security Cameras to Boost Business
- FTC Wants Better Privacy Controls for Mobile Devices
- Microsoft Aims to Lure More Users to Windows