California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones scolded Anthem Blue Cross for raising rates for small businesses while praising industry rival UnitedHealth Group Inc. for cutting worker premiums, the Los Angeles Times reports. Jones said Anthem's premium hike for companies with 50 or fewer workers, which he pegged at 11 percent, was "unreasonable" because the company overstated its projected medical costs and improperly added fees related to the federal healthcare law.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Commissioner Calls for Barring Anthem
- Regulator: Blue Shield Rate Hike Excessive
- Congress Opens Probe Into Anthem Rate Hikes
- WellPoint To Cut, Delay Premium Hike in California
- Blue Shield May Take City Contract from Anthem
- Anthem Asking Big Boost in Some Premiums
- Anthem Blue Cross Wants to Raise Individual Policy Rates
- Anthem Blue Cross Withdraws Rate Hikes Request