J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. on Tuesday stepped up the pace of cost cutting, announcing plans to eliminate 17,000 jobs by the end of next year and reduce expenses by at least $1 billion annually, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- J.P. Morgan 'Whale' Hunt Not Over
- Knight Put Fate in Familiar Hands
- Shake Up Continues at J.P. Morgan
- J.P. Morgan to Settle SEC Case
- One of Wall Street's Riskiest Bets Returns
- J.P. Morgan Q2 Profit Falls 8.7 Percent
- Big Banks May Block Traders from Chat Rooms
- Investors Sue 12 Banks, Allege Conspiracy to Rig Forex Markets