Consumer spending could remain modest as the economy recovers from the recession, even with steady improvement in the housing market, top White House economist Alan Kruegersaid told the Wall Street Journal.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Thatcher's Economic Overhauls Still Debated
- Americans Worked Less, Watched More TV in 2012
- Can the Tablet Please Take Your Order Now?
- Some in Rust-Belt Welcome Immigrant Tide
- Industries Under Pressure from Mobile Apps
- Senate Passes Bill to End Air Traffic Furloughs
- China to Spend $156 Billion on Infrastructure
- With New Storm Looming, Airlines Canceling Flights