So is the economy growing at a good clip or shrinking? The answer may lie somewhere in between. Just two days after Commerce Department said that the U.S. economy shrank slightly in the last quarter of 2012, the Labor Department announced today that according to revised numbers, that very same economy produced jobs at a rapid clip in November and December, with the momentum carrying into January, BusinessWeek and the Wall Street Journal report. Manufacturing also grew more last month than forecast, Bloomberg News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Will Firing Andrew Mason Save Groupon?
- Give Me Your Yuan
- AOL Blames Costly Pregnancies, Obamacare for 401(k) Cuts
- Mobile Ads Are the Future – They're Also Lousy
- Greenland Looks on Global Warming's Bright Side
- Will Drone Cargo Ships Sail the Seven Seas?
- Why Private R&D Won’t Make Up for Sequester Cuts
- Google Goes for Drive with Automakers