From the NSA and China to Google and Facebook, one of the big lessons of 2013 is that anyone who can watch you will watch you. Hot new social apps such as Snapchat, Whisper and Telegram appear to offer a more private alternative ¬ until you read the fine print, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. Struggles to Keep Pace in Broadband Delivery
- Encino Teen Launches Messaging App
- Privacy Apps’ Popularity Spreads
- Firms That Challenge China on Trade Face Cybertheft
- Hollywood Ready to Cast Hillary Clinton in Top Role
- Snap’s Challenges to Gain Increased Focus in Public
- Tech Giants Partner on NSA Reform
- Social Media Firm Ready To Speak With Advertisers