Tesco PLC’s ambitious U.S. experiment, the 5-year-old grocery chain Fresh & Easy, has failed after costing its British parent billions of dollars, the company said Wednesday, confirming that it will attempt to sell Fresh & Easy and its 200 stores in California, Arizona and Nevada, the Los Angeles Times and Bloomberg BusinessWeek report.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesco's In-Store Ads Know You Need Coffee
- Cronuts: The Next Designer Cupcake?
- Group Wants Tesco Promises in Writing
- Groups Protest Tesco's Fresh & Easy
- 'Frozen' Dress the Hottest Gown in Town
- GM Plays Legal Games With Its Recall Liability
- How Jerry Brown Scared California Straight
- Yucaipa Buys Fresh & Easy