Gov. Jerry Brown announced on the last day of his trade mission to China that electric car and bus manufacturer BYD would open a factory in Lancaster, the first Chinese-owned vehicle plant on American soil, the Los Angeles Times reports. Also read the Los Angeles Business Journal’s earlier coverage of BYD’s decision to build buses here.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- BYD Unveils Buses From Local Plant
- Chinese Automaker to Roll Into L.A.
- Automaker Boards Buses
- California Lawmakers Pass Paid Sick Leave Bill
- BYD May Lose Long Beach Bus Contract
- State Lawmakers Reach Deal on Minimum Wage
- BYD Buses Rolling into Toronto
- Electric Bus Maker Gets $66 Million MTA Contract