KPMG has resigned as auditor of Herbalife after the accounting firm fired a partner in Los Angeles over alleged insider-trading tips, the Wall Street Journal reports. Trading in shares of two L.A. companies, Herbalife and Skechers Inc., also a KMPG client, were halted earlier this morning.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- KPMG Plans for Review in Light of Insider Case
- Pair Charged in KPMG Case
- Fired KPMG Auditor Is Prominent L.A. Businessman
- Fired KPMG Auditor Describes 'Lapse of Judgment'
- Herbalife Hires New Auditor
- Finding New Auditor Not So Easy for Herbalife
- Wall Street vs. Employees' Privacy
- Insiders Shift From 'Buy' to 'Sell' as Bankruptcy Nears