Walt Disney Co. is closing LucasArts to cut costs. The Wall Street Journal reports that the once-pioneering San Francisco videogame unit of George Lucas's "Star Wars" empire had become a shadow of its former self. Disney said it will focus on licensing “Star Wars” content rather than developing games internally, Bloomberg News says.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Disney Wins EU Approval to Buy Lucasfilm
- Disney to Buy Lucasfilm for $4 Billion
- Disney Deal to Spur Sibling Rivalries
- Disney Completes Acquisition of Lucasfilm
- Out With the Old Star Wars Stuff
- FCC Approves T-Mobile, MetroPCS Merger
- Lucas Award Kicks off Star Wars-Heavy D23
- Ukraine Crisis Shows Power of Global Markets