In the rush to pass New York's tough new gun-control laws, the state neglected to exempt fake assault weapons used on film and television sets. If not addressed before the laws go into effect on April 15, it could spell trouble for the Big Apple’s growing filmed-entertainment business, TheWrap.com reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- What's Hollywood's Trouble With China?
- Clones Rule as Hollywood Beats Drum at Comic-Con
- Summer Box Office Entering Dud Zone?
- Proposed Gun Controls Fuel Sales
- Can Warner Bros. Stabilize After Corporate Shuffle?
- Disney Stock Soars as Layoffs Loom
- Will Hollywood Cash Follow New Crowdfunding Plan?
- Veteran Publicists Launch Hive Collective