Social media have made it easier than ever to catapult from obscurity to prominence. In recent years, the Web has blossomed into a more egalitarian version of “American Idol,” where nobodies compete for attention alongside somebodies, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Herzer Legal Team Scrambles in Redstone Case
- TV Networks Invest in More Pilots
- Marilyn Monroe’s Marketing Star Still Shines
- Social Networks Can Affect Voter Turnout, Study Says
- European Regulators Approve Universal’s Purchase of EMI
- Success of Crowdfunding Puts Pressure on Entrepreneurs
- Beyond Wall St., Curbs on High-Speed Trades Proceed
- McDonald’s Aims for Healthier Menu