Federal regulators reportedly are considering giving mortgage lenders protection from certain lawsuits, which the Wall Street Journal reports is a move designed to encourage lending to well-qualified borrowers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Settles Fair Lending Cases
- U.S. Sues Wells Fargo in Mortgage Probe
- Fannie, Freddie to Ease Loan-Modification Rules
- BofA Takes a Mortgage Mulligan
- Agency Says Card-Fee Problems Persist
- Investors Bankroll Lawsuits
- Mortgage REITs May Pose Threat to Financial System
- U.S. Cracks Down on 'Forced' Insurance