Citigroup Inc.'s Vikram Pandit abruptly stepped down as chief executive this morning, following a clash with the board over strategy and operating performance, the Wall Street Journal and New York Times report. Longtime executive Michael Corbat has been named to replace him.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Softbank in Advanced Talks With Sprint Nextel
- H-P Claims Fraud at Autonomy
- Citigroup to Cut 11,000 Jobs
- Strong Jobs Report Trumps Decline in GDP
- Loeb Pushes Sony to Take Entertainment Unit Public
- Cliff Talks Down to the Wire
- Market Gains Boosted CEO in 2012
- Twinkie Maker Hostess to Shut Down After Strike