President Barack Obama’s victory positions him to claim a mandate for pushing a proposal through Congress that would let tax cuts expire for top earners and avert $1.2 trillion in automatic spending reductions, Bloomberg News reports. And Pimco’s Bill Gross told CNBC that fixing the fiscal cliff will result in much higher taxes.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Rich Catch a Break in Budget Deal
- Stocks Stare at the Cliff
- Toyota Goes for Look That’s Just Different Enough
- Should the Fed Taper Bond Buying?
- Report: China to Overtake U.S. Economy, Maybe This Year
- Obama, Donors Have Different Take on Inversions
- Food Stamp Cuts Dampen Wal-Mart's Forecast
- Chamber Sidestepped in Talks on Avoiding Fiscal Cliff