Some low-wage employers are moving toward hiring part-time workers instead of full-time ones to mitigate the health-care overhaul's requirement that large companies provide health insurance for full-time workers or pay a fee, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Companies Set to Pass On More Health Costs
- Big Firms Overhaul Health Coverage
- Companies Prepare for Health Law
- Employers Blast Fees in New Health Law
- Health Insurers Warn on Premiums
- Health-Care Premiums Rise 7.7%
- Amazon Hikes Seasonal Hiring, Wal-Mart Adds Online Capacity
- More Employers Overhauling Health Benefits