Investors punished shares of Facebook and Amazon.com this morning after both reported disappointing earnings. The Wall Street Journal says that thin margins may finally be catching up with Amazon despite its 29 percent jump in revenue. Facebook traded at its lowest levels ever as the company struggled to convince investors that it can leverage its popularity into profits.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon Hikes Seasonal Hiring, Wal-Mart Adds Online Capacity
- Dow Stumbles on Gray Friday
- Regulators Rethink Pre-IPO Chatter
- Hedge Funds Cut Back on Fees
- Herbalife Raises Profit Estimate
- Number of Cases Filed by SEC Slows
- Amazon Considering Online Pay-TV Service
- Herbalife Showdown Spotlights New Wall Street