Chief Executive Jeffrey Katzenberg wants his DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. of Glendale to become more like Walt Disney Co. by making deals to expand its revenue base beyond movies. Bloomberg News points to Monday’s acquisition of Classic Media, owner of rights to cartoon characters such as Rocky and Bullwinkle, as well as plans to create an indoor theme park at the Meadowlands in New Jersey.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- DreamWorks to Buy Owner of Casper, Bullwinkle Shows
- DreamWorks to Develop Russian Theme Parks
- Movie Studio Widens Focus
- Will ’60s Cartoon Still Draw Kids?
- DreamWorks Animation Plans to Boost Film Production
- DreamWorks to Release Feline Fashions
- DreamWorks Licenses ‘Shrek’ for Themed Attraction
- Former Turner Animation Marketing Exec Joins DreamWorks