“Dark Knight Rises” is headed for a record three-day opening north of $160 million at the domestic box office if Sunday traffic holds. The Hollywood Reporter said studios did not plan to officially report weekend grosses for any film until later today out of respect for victims of the Colorado theater massacre.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hollywood Reacts to Colorado ‘Dark Knight’ Shooting
- Colorado Shooting Suspect Used Internet for Arsenal
- What Drives People to the Movies?
- Box Office: ‘Big Hero’ Trumps ‘Interstellar’
- 'Gravity' Boosts RealD’s Stock
- What to Watch This Weekend
- 3D's Diminishing Box Office Returns
- ‘Jurassic’ Makes Box Office Record