Jean-Rene Fourtou, chairman of Vivendi SA, is at the Allen & Co. media conference in Sun Valley, Idaho, looking for a buyer for the company’s $8.1 billion, 61 percent stake in Activision Blizzard Inc. But the Santa Monica’s video game developer’s emphasis on packaged games will be a deterrent because the industry is moving online, analysts told Bloomberg News.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Vivendi Pursues Sale of Activision Blizzard Stake
- Activision to Buy Out Vivendi
- Activision Merger Closes
- Activision Executives Make $1.2B in $100M Deal
- Vivendi to Sell Activision Stake Worth $850 Million
- Activision Merger Approved
- Vivendi Deal Boosts Activision Stock
- Executive Summary / The Pacesetter