Helicopters are a fact of life in Los Angeles. Everyone knows how loud they can be, especially police helicopters circling overhead. But imagine living beside a regular helicopter landing site and you will begin to understand the frustration of one West Hollywood neighborhood.
Residents in West Hollywood West, an area made up of almost 1,000 single-family homes north of Beverly Boulevard, west of La Cienega and east of Doheny, already have two nearby helicopter landing sites to contend with—at the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station and at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Now, the upscale high-rise Sofitel hotel on Beverly across from the Beverly Center is proposing to use its emergency evacuation helicopter pad for commercial use.
• CLICK HERE to read the West Hollywood Patch story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Meetings & Events Guide (September 17): Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills - More than a Hotel
- Meetings & Events Guide (March 25): Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills: More than a Hotel
- FAA May Crack Down on Helicopter Noise in L.A.
- FAA Will Track Helicopter Noise
- No Concessions for Movie Theater?
- Chateau Marmont, The James Make Upscale Transitions
- Weekend Getaway Guide: Places to Stay in Los Angeles for that Weekend Escape