Iris International Inc. on Tuesday said that Amin Khalifa will become its chief financial officer.
Khalifa, who also will hold the title of corporate vice president of finance, replaces Martin McDermut, who has been acting CFO at the Chatsworth maker of medical test kits since May.
Since 2007 Khalifa has been a management consultant and advised venture capital firms and companies on acquisitions and financial matters. He earlier served as chief financial officer of Beckman Coulter Inc., another life science and diagnostics company, Leap Wireless and Apria Healthcare.
“His experience in a large in-vitro manufacturing company with a business model similar to ours makes him a valuable asset to IRIS,” said Chief Executive Cesar M. Garcia in a statement.
Shares were down 10 cents, or less than 1 percent, to $9.75 in midday trading on the Nasdaq.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- News of the Week
- Business Briefs: Teledyne, Northrop, IRIS, Digital Theater Systems, Creative Computer Applications, Maguire
- CytRx's CFO Resigned, Replacement Named
- "Significant Transition" at Urinalysis Company Pleases Investors
- Lions Gate's Biggest Shareholder Likely to Join Board
- CEO Voicing Caution Despite Iris's Urinalysis Breakthrough
- Maker of Medical Testing Devices Gets High Marks
- UTi to Switch CFOs