Independent music publisher Bug Music Inc. on Monday said it has acquired worldwide rights to Saban Music Group’s large music catalog.
Financial terms of Los Angeles-based Bug Music’s deal were not disclosed. The music group was owned by Saban Capital Group Inc., which is owned by Los Angeles billionaire Haim Saban.
The catalog includes theme songs, cues and scores from more than 90 television series, 3,700 television episodes and 100 made-for-television films and specials, including children’s franchises such as the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Digimon.
“Bug is focused on opportunities that provide growth for the company, as well as best practices for our film and TV clients across the world,” Bug Chief Executive John Rudolph said in a statement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Germany’s BMG Buys Bug Music
- Acquisition Means Bug Music Becomes Top Publisher
- Regional Reports
- Bug Music Secures $200 Million Credit Facility
- Power Rangers Return to Saban
- Music Publisher Notes Popularity of Miracle Mile
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: DAVID C. EISMAN
- Jackson Assets Draw Investors' Gaze