Aircraft leasing pioneer Steven Udvar-Hazy disclosed Thursday the formation of Air Lease Corp., a new Century City-based jet leasing venture.
Air Lease Corp., or ALC, has secured $3.3 billion in financing and plans to buy more than 100 commercial planes by spring of next year. "ALC is committed to helping shape the future of the aviation industry," Udvar-Hazy said in a statement. "We look forward to working with the leading global airlines as they modernize their fleets."
The announcement comes 37 years after he co-founded International Lease Finance Corp., which is now owned by AIG. Udvar-Hazy left the company in February.
• Read the full Los Angeles Times story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jet Exec Flying Into Cloudy Skies?
- Air Lease Issues $120 Million in Unsecured Notes
- Air Lease Corp. Announces IPO Terms
- Air Lease Corp. Shares Hit the Market
- Wealthiest Angelenos: Steven Udvar-Hazy - #18
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 11, Steven Ferencz Udvar-Hazy
- Jet-Leasing Company Expands Further Into China
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 8. STEVEN UDVAR-HAZY