Jamie McCourt's attorneys said Thursday they have located a document showing she has an equal stake in the ownership of the Los Angeles Dodgers and that the revelation will dramatically alter a bitter struggle for the team amid McCourt's divorce proceedings.
The attorneys filed a motion in Los Angeles Superior Court seeking to allow a 2004 property agreement as evidence during a team ownership hearing scheduled to begin Aug. 30. The motion states that Jamie and Frank McCourt signed six copies of the agreement - three of which showed the Dodgers as Frank McCourt's property, and the three newly discovered documents that indicate Jamie McCourt has an ownership stake.
Jamie and Frank McCourt remain locked in a hard-fought divorce, with the ownership of one of baseball's most storied franchises hanging in the balance. An attorney for Frank McCourt said all copies of the exhibit should be considered by the judge deciding the ownership issue, but that the newly revealed version does not change the overall agreement and the Boston businessman remains the team's sole owner.
•CLICK HERE to read the Associated Press story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 50 Wealthiest: Frank McCourt #39
- McCourt Divorce Trial Begins in L.A. Courtroom
- McCourt Marital Deal on Dodgers Ruled Invalid
- Jamie McCourt Sues former Dodgers Owner and Ex-Husband
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Frank McCourt - #40
- Jamie McCourt Says Ex Owes Her $770 Million
- McCourts Gearing Up for Divorce Battle
- Dodgers Delay Stadium Project