SOUTH BAY

HARBOR CITY

Positive Purchase: Positive Investment Properties has purchased a Harbor City office building for $4.05 million from Anastasi Development Co. LLC. The three-story, 35,675-square-foot building, at 1403 W. Lomita Blvd., was built in 1981.

WESTSIDE

CULVER CITY

Industrial Pickup: La Cienega Creative Properties LLC has purchased an industrial building in Baldwin Village for $2.3 million from Gerns Family Trust. The 3,244-square-foot property, at 3237 S. La Cienega Blvd., was built in 1947.

BEVERLY HILLS

Canvas Covered: Platinum Equity, a Beverly Hills private equity firm, has acquired a majority stake in Canvas Systems LLC, an IT equipment supplier in Norcross, Ga. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.


MIRACLE MILE

Business of Celebrity: E Entertainment Group, a cable network, has announced a two-year extension of its partnership with Forbes Media, the New York parent of Forbes magazine and Forbes.com, to produce eight hourlong celebrity specials and two lifestyle pilots. The deal extends a partnership that originated in 2004.

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY

WOODLAND HILLS

Diving In: Independent retailer Universal Pool & Spa Group Inc. in Woodland Hills has become an affiliate of the Backyard Place, a retail partnership with Louisiana-based Poolcorp of Covington and makers of pool supplies and leisure products.

SHERMAN OAKS

Hall of Fame: Sherman Oaks-based Valley Industry & Commerce Association has announced the inductees for the non-profit's San Fernando Valley Business Hall of Fame. The honorees are North Hollywood's Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn, the Encino-based Gelson's Market chain, Pierce College in Woodland Hills, Sylmar-based solar cell manufacturer Spectrolab and the late entertainer Ritchie Valens. The inductees will be honored at the VICA Hall of Fame dinner June 18. VICA selects honorees for their contribution to the Valley's culture and
economy.

Staying Put: RSUI Group Inc. has renewed its lease in Sherman Oaks. The company will continue to occupy the 34,184-square-foot office space, at 15303 Ventura Blvd., in the Comerica Bank Building. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.


VALLEY VILLAGE

Apartments Acquired: JMF Enterprise LLS has sold a Valley Village apartment building for $9.75 million to a private investor. The complex, at 5717 Laurel Canyon Blvd., was built in 1986 and has 17 one-bedroom and 37 two-bedroom units.

TRI-CITIES

PASADENA

Office Space: Keating/Khang Architecture has sold a Pasadena office building for $3 million to BPN Properties LLC. The 6,788-square-foot building, at 24 N. Marengo Ave., was built in 1926.

CENTRAL AREA

DOWNTOWN L.A.

Law Lease: Kirkland & Ellis LLP has leased 90,000 square feet of office space in the downtown L.A. Bank of America Plaza. The law firm will occupy the 28th, 29th and 30th floors of the 55-story building, at 333 S. Hope St.

Across the Pond: Aecom Technology Corp., a downtown L.A.-based provider of technical and management support services, has acquired Savant, a London-based construction consultancy business. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

MID-CITIES

SANTA FE SPRINGS

Building Bought: Process Fab Inc. has acquired a Santa Fe Springs industrial building for $2.62 million from the William and Lisa Fulbright Family Trust. Process Fab, an engineering, design and manufacturing firm, plans to move into the single-story 17,350-sqaure-foot building at 5645 Clanton Circle.

Property Landed: Conquest Student Housing has bought a 1.46-acre property in Santa Fe Springs for $5.5 million from Glenn Riley Land Association LLC. The deal for the site, at 13331 Telegraph Road, was made based on land value. The property is currently home to a Walgreens drugstore.

SAN GABRIEL VALLEY

POMONA

Complex Acquisition: Private investors Venkata and Parvathi Donthineni have bought the Pomona Grove Apartments in Pomona for $7.15 million from Tripeak LLC. The property, at 1302 E. Kingsley Ave., consists of three complexes totaling 95 units and 76,084 square feet.

CITY OF INDUSTRY

Building Bought: The City of Industry has acquired an office building for $9.5 million from the Edward Roski Trust. The two-story, 30,000-square-foot building, at 15625 E. Stafford St., was built in 1980.

For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.