It is a dash of Hulu and a sprinkle of YouTube, features a crystal clear picture, can rewind or fast-forward at lightning speed, and doesn't require a download of any special software.
But epixHD.com, the soon-to-launch video website, will have its success dictated more by the movies, concerts and original programs it offers than the technology behind it, said the executive charged with creating and running the site.
That comes thanks to the three parent companies of Epix: Viacom Inc's Paramount film studio, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp and MGM. In putting together Epix, the companies hope to compete with Time Warner Inc's HBO and CBS Corp's Showtime in the premium movie channel business.
& #8226; Read the full Reuters story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Big Picture Broadens for YouTube Players
- Picture Appears Cloudy for Popular Video-Streaming Web Site
- MGM Buys Out Viacom, Lionsgate Stakes in Epix for $1.03 billion
- Struggling Studio Targets Data to Be in the Know
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Bird Acquires Scoot
- INTERNET--Feature Films Now Showing on the Web
- Netflix to Stream Movies From Three Studios
- Internet May Lower Curtain on Movie Theaters