Aecom Technology Corp. said Thursday that it has been awarded a five-year, $70-million contract by Dragados USA for design and construction services to upgrade Florida's I-595 highway.
Dragados, the design-build contractor, will lead construction with Aecom as its design partner.
The $1.25-billion highway project is being financed through a public-private partnership, or P3, that includes the Florida Department of Transportation. In P3 ventures, the private sector typically designs, builds, finances and operates the project in a long-term agreement with a government entity.
"This project provides an excellent example of how the P3 funding model can contribute to important infrastructure projects," Chief Executive John M. Dionisio said in a statement. "We expect to see an increase in P3 projects to quickly fund and deliver necessary infrastructure investments."
Aecom shares were up $1.44, or 5.4 percent, to $27.93 in midday trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Commercial Real Estate 2019: Are Public-Private Partnerships the Solution for U.S. Infrastructure?
- Public-Private Ventures May Build Up Infrastructure
- Bidding for $1B Consolidated Car Rental Facility at LAX Progresses
- AECOM Wins $41 Million Wastewater Contract
- LAX’s $4.5 Billion People Mover Project Begins Approval Process
- AECOM Secures Contract for Thames Tunnel Project
- AECOM Awarded NASA Environmental Contract Worth Up to $300M
- LAX Board Approves $4.9B People Mover Contract