Shoe maker Skechers USA Inc. said Tuesday it is expanding its wholesale distribution in Hong Kong and Macau through a partnership with the Onwel Group of Companies, considered a leading fashion company in the region.
Wholesale delivery is planned to begin next spring. The expansion follows Manhattan Beach-based Skechers' opening last month of the first of 20 planned stores in the region over the next two years.
"The people of Hong Kong are avid, brand-conscious consumers," said Vincent Leung, senior vice president of Skechers Hong Kong Ltd., in a statement. "The economy is thriving and given the opportunity to buy a great brand, Hong Kong people will take it."
Skechers also has a joint venture, Skechers China Ltd., with Luen Thai Enterprises that was established earlier this year.
Skechers shares rose 28 cents, or 2 percent, to $19.50 in morning trading on the New York Stock Exchange
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Skechers Expands Brand Into Glasses
- Skechers Tries Urban Strategy to Get Shoes Into New Stores
- Former Warner Bros. Executive Gets Major Chinese Investment
- CORPORATE FOCUS---Healthy Apparel Sector and Marketing Drive Shoemaker
- Vernon Jeans Maker Looks to Fit in Kids Market
- Cheesecake Factory Expands Into Asia
- Skechers Steps Up In Slippery Sector
- Put on Your Dancing Shoes