Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed former Mayor James Hahn to the L.A. County Superior Court bench on Wednesday alongside 16 private attorneys and commissioners.
The 58-year old San Pedro resident first applied for the judgeship in May when he was serving as a private mediator with L.A.-based confliction resolution provider Alternative Resolution Centers LLC. In his next position as a state court judge, Hahn will receive a salary of $178,789.
In addition to Hahn, Schwarzenegger's appointments to the Superior Court bench were: Michael Abzug, Teresa Beaudet, David Brougham, Debra Cole-Hall, Karla Kerlin, Bernie LaForteza, Ricardo Ocampo, Benny Osorio, Amy Pellman, Ronald Rose, Ray Santana, R. Carlton Seaver, B. Scott Silverman, Jon Takasugi, Robert Vanderet and Mark A. Young.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gov. Appoints 6 to L.A. Superior Court
- Former Mayor Wants View From Behind the Bench
- Former Commissioner Charged
- Dole's Day in Court Postponed
- Who's Who: 25 of the Most Influential, High-Profile Judges in L.A.
- Gov. Names Business Secretary
- Trio Named to County's High Court
- Davis Names Three to Vacant Superior Court Posts