National Lampoon Inc. said Tuesday that it has launched a record label called National Lampoon Records.
The West Hollywood-based media and entertainment company said the label plans to release at least twelve titles per year, including at least six original titles and up to six acquisitions. They will be available through retail channels and digital distribution outlets, including audible.com and iTunes, the company said in a release.
In a statement, Daniel Laikin, National Lampoon's chief executive, said: "National Lampoon has a rich history in the audio space, starting with the National Lampoon Radio Hour back in the early '70s, and featuring Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Gilda Radner, and Bill Murray, along with the many other comedy geniuses of our time. National Lampoon has produced a number of Grammy nominated comedy albums and we look forward to building on that legacy."
Shares in National Lampoon were up 1 percent to $2.03 in early trading Tuesday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Non-Profit Director Takes Charge of Movie Shoots
- National Lampoon Dead Serious About New Comedy Label
- Lampoon Adds Board Member, Services
- New Chief Exec at Comedy Company Has Little to Smile About
- National Lampoon Takes Its Act to Radio With 'Hot Talk' Show
- Business Briefs: National Lampoon, Public Works Bonds, Tenet Healthcare
- National Lampoon Acquires AllModelZone.com
- Toga Turnaround?