The Motion Picture Association of America Inc. will move into to its new headquarters office at 15301 Ventura Blvd. on Jan. 22 after signing a long-term lease at the Sherman Oaks office building.
The eight-and-a-half-year deal for 104,634 square feet at the Sherman Oaks Galleria office complex is valued at $31 million, according to a real estate industry source. The MPAA is subleasing the space from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and the building's landlord is Santa Monica-based Douglas Emmett Inc.
The MPAA is leaving 15503 Ventura Blvd. in Encino, where it had offices for 15 years.
A handful of the MPAA's sister organizations, including the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, will also use the new office space.
Mark Robinson and Craig Jablin of Studley Inc. represented the MPAA in the sublease and Matt Hargrove and Michael Shellow of Cushman & Wakefield Inc. represented Warner Bros. Entertainment.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SAN FERNANDO VALLEY: Tower Sale High Point in Down Market
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 23: Viacom Purchases Pluto TV
- Sellers Reluctant to Close Despite Market-Peak Conditions
- Warner Bros. to Sell Content Via BitTorrent
- Warner Bros. Lands Burbank Lease Deal
- Falling Vacancies Fail to Ignite Increase in Rental Rates
- Sales Activity Paces Action; Vacancy Rates Continue Slide
- SAN FERNANDO VALLEY: Region Bolstered by Western Area Rents