Point.360 has acquired visual effects firm Eden FX as it seeks to broaden its array of services, the Burbank media firm said Thursday.
The company said the move is an effort to capitalize on increasing demand for visual effects. Eden FX has provided effects for network and cable television shows, including "Ghost Whisperer," "Lost," and "24," as well as feature films such as "Superman Returns," "The Last Mimzy" and "Idlewild."
Point.360 provides audio and visual post production, duplication and distribution services.
Shares in Point.360 were down 2 cents to $3.60 in afternoon trading Thursday on the Nasdaq.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Point.360 Buys Hollywood Building
- Point.360 Acquires Video Box Studios
- Special Effects Veteran Moves On to Life After 'Heroes'
- Business Briefs: Hot Topic, Optical Communication Products, CKE Restaurants, Prospect Medical Holdings, Point.360, Gores Group, Tennenbaum
- Point.360 Merges With Texas Firm
- 'Working in Visual Effects, You Can Do Almost Anything'
- Silicon Beach Report July 15: FX Plus Shut Down by Disney