James G. Ellis, vice provost for globalization at the USC Marshall School of Business, has been appointed dean of the business school, effective immediately.
Ellis, who has been USC professor for 10 years and is a former executive with Broadway department stores and the American Porsche Design company. succeeds interim Dean Thomas Gilligan. Gilligan was appointed in March 2006 to replace Yash Gupta, who resigned abruptly the month before.
Ellis' appointment is for a five-year term. The school enrolls around 5,600 undergraduate and graduate students.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- USC Names Business School Dean
- LA 500: James Ellis
- James Ellis
- UPDATE: Dueling Letters Sent to USC Trustees Ahead of Crucial Vote Over Business School Dean
- USC Marshall School Dean Resigns
- Executives Take Swann Dive for Gubernatorial Bid
- USC Search Faces Hurdles
- USC Names Geoffrey Garrett Business School Dean