Hawthorne-based X-ray inspection equipment maker OSI Systems Inc. said on Tuesday that one its divisions received a $9.1 million contract from an undisclosed government agency for its line of machines used for airport screening and cargo inspections.
Rapiscan Systems will provide personnel screeners and mobile cargo inspection systems to screen people, passenger vehicles, trucks and cargo containers for explosive materials and other contraband. The personnel screeners can provide a comprehensive body search in seconds, eliminating the need for intrusive and less-effective hands-on body searches by security personnel, the company said
OSI plans to use its newly expanded Mississippi manufacturing facility to help fulfill this order, it said.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- OSI Capitalizing on Terror Concerns
- Image of Success
- Security Blanketed
- Terrorism Concerns Provide Security Blanket for OSI Systems
- Scanners Just a Blip for OSI Revenue
- OSI Company Gets Follow-Up Contract
- OSI Systems Gets $5 Million Rail Contract
- Detection Technology Firm Acquires Competitor in Bid to Expand Offerings