MGA Entertainment Inc. said Tuesday that it has signed a licensing agreement with Sony Pictures to create DVD video games based on game shows "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune."
The three-year agreement gives MGA the game rights to both titles with "Jeopardy" expected by spring of 2007 and "Wheel of Fortune" by 2008.
Van Nuys-based MGA also released a DVD videogame based on the "$100,000 Pyramid" game show earlier this year. All games are expected to retail for around $19.99, MGA said.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Business Briefs: Lions Gate, Jakks Pacific, Sony Pictures Digital
- Classic Game Shows Still Making Play for Viewers
- Local Toy Firms Expect to Rely On Sales of Best-Known Brands
- Regional Report
- Business Briefs: Jacobs Engineering, Cherokee, Jakks Pacific, Southwest Water, Plains Exploration, Griffin & Co.
- Business Briefs: Home Depot Inc., 20th Century Fox, Nara Bancorp, Activision
- Advertising Agency Shows Game in Multimedia Era
- Merv Griffin Leaves Behind an Empire