National Lampoon Inc. said today it has added producer Robert Levy to its board of directors effective immediately. Levy, who produced movies such as "Wedding Crashers," "The Wedding Planner" and "Serendipity," will replace Josh Finkenberg, who resigned Sept. 13.
This announcement comes on the heels of National Lampoon introducing a new comedy channel called National Lampoon Comedy Radio network, which will be offered on XM Satellite Radio through an agreement between the two companies announced earlier this week. The new comedy channel will be available on XM starting Oct. 1.
National Lampoon also said this week that it is launching a YouTube-like video sharing and social networking site called Knuckleheadvideo.com.
Shares in the Los Angeles-based company were up 13 cents to $1.40 in early trading on Thursday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- National Lampoon Takes Its Act to Radio With 'Hot Talk' Show
- National Lampoon Starts Record Label
- Joking's Over in Radio Litigation
- Napster in Deal With XM Satellite Radio
- Palmdale Seeks to Draw Business With Cable Campaign
- National Lampoon Teams with Capazoo
- National Lampoon Dead Serious About New Comedy Label
- National Lampoon Looking to Build Beyond "Animal House"