Skechers has rosy outlook on the fourth quarter after seeing third quarter profit surge on strong back-to-school sales.
Skechers USA Inc., reported third-quarter net income of $22.2 million (49 cents per share), up 43 percent from $12.6 million (30 cents) for the same period a year earlier well above the Wall Street estimate of 40 cents a share.
Sales for the Manhattan Beach-based shoe maker surged 21 percent to $331 million. It credited a strong back-to-school season as well as a nonrecurring tax gain, which boosted earnings by 3 cents per share.
Skechers forecasted fourth-quarter earnings between 22 cents and 27 cents a share well ahead of analysts' forecasts of 17 cents a share.
Shares in Skechers closed up 35 cents to $27.05 Wednesday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Skechers Gains On Tepid Earnings
- Stocks Ride Earnings Reports to Second Day of Gains
- Skechers Ups Its Fourth-Quarter Outlook
- Skechers Shares Slump on Outlook
- Skechers Beats Expectations but Outlook Disappoints
- Skechers Shares Rise on 4Q Earnings
- Skechers Raises 2006 Forecasts
- K-Swiss Profit Slips, Shares Surge