A startup cable television channel sued cable giants Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. on Tuesday in an attempt block their planned acquisition of bankrupt Adelphia Communications Corp.
The lawsuit accuses Time Warner and Comcast of conspiring to monopolize local cable systems across the country and of using their alleged monopoly power to refuse to deal with independent networks such as plaintiff America Channel, denying them the access to local cable systems they need to succeed.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Revised Adelphia Pact Signed
- DirecTV Wants to Block Adelphia Sale
- Time Warner Cable Swamped by Service Calls
- Time Warner, Comcast Win Bid for Adelphia
- Time Warner Postpones Plan For Realignment of Channels
- Time Warner, Comcast to Buy Adelphia
- Comcast Outbids Disney for Fox Assets With $65B Offer
- Headlines From Friday's Papers