Question: Why did you uproot your family and move to Los Angeles from Chicago?
Answer: We have deep roots in Chicago and I miss our friends there, but it's really been so pleasant to come here and meet so many creative people. I think Los Angeles is a little like Geneva, Switzerland, in that it's a place that people chose to go to. Geneva doesn't have a lot of manufacturing it's more of a white-collar services industry. And we've found that in Los Angeles, all these people come from New York, the Midwest and Florida, because they want to live here they didn't get transferred here for their jobs. When we first came and had to establish our network of people pediatricians, an internist, dentist you meet these people and you realize that creative people in finance and the arts really only go two places, Los Angeles or New York.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Condos Priced at Record $14 Million
- Posh Condo Development Sold
- Luxury Condo Market Hitting a Peak
- Beverly Hills Sale Could Drive Up Prices Across Market
- Plans for Westwood High-Rise Withdrawn Under Pressure
- High-Rise Real Estate From Chicago to the West Coast
- Projects Move Forward on Westwood's "Golden Mile"