Google Inc. Chief Financial Officer George Reyes sparked more than a 10 percent sell-off in the Web search leader's volatile stock after he cautioned that online advertising revenue growth could slow.
Speaking at a Merrill Lynch Internet advertising conference, Reyes said the company's Web search advertising business, which generates 99 percent of its revenue, would depend on overall market growth rather than specific improvements Google makes that can result in greater sales.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tech Rebound in Full Swing as Issues Rise
- Tribune, Google Team to Micro-Target Online Advertising
- Internet Advertising Fraud Places Google, Yahoo on Defensive
- Buying Spree Could Transform ValueClick Into Web Contender
- High Stakes Battle Waged Over Search Technology Patent
- Google Report Spikes Napster Stock
- Leaf Reports Growth Buds
- Web Sites Launch Search Party to Target Local Advertisers