Guess? Inc. said it will redeem all of its outstanding 6.75 percent secured notes due in 2012 on Dec. 20. The transaction is worth about $33 million including principal, accrued and unpaid interest and a redemption premium.
Strong operational cash flow has enabled the company to pay down its debt and accumulate cash, said Carlos Alberini, president and chief operating officer, in a release. He also said that the company's North American business will be debt free after this redemption.
Shares in Los Angeles-based apparel maker and retailer were up $1.13 to $64.32 in early trading Tuesday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- DirecTV To Buy Back Nearly $660 Million in Notes
- Cathay Repays Its Remaining TARP Obligation
- DirecTV Group Restructures Debt
- Kilroy to Refinance Debt
- Business Briefs: Mattel, Computer Sciences Corp., Maguire Properties, Macerich, DirecTV, Hilton, Lions Gate
- Two L.A. REITs Pursue Healthy Equity Infusions
- Traders Crank Volume on Plastic Resin Company
- Business Briefs: Countrywide, Northrop, Mattel, DirecTV, DaVita, AML Communications