Brokerage Merrill Lynch & Co. on Tuesday said quarterly net income climbed a better-than-expected 49 percent to record levels as underwriting and trading revenue jumped.
The company reported third-quarter net income of $1.38 billion ($1.40 per diluted share), compared with $922 million (93 cents) a year earlier. The per-share earnings beat analysts' average forecast by 21 cents
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Break Four-Day Losing Streak as Confidence Rises
- Merrill Lynch Profit Rises 5.6 Percent
- Stocks Rise on IBM, Merrill Earnings
- Health Net Profit Shares up on 3Q Profit
- Skechers Shares Rise on 4Q Earnings
- Earnings Roundup
- Tech Share Rise Offsets Other Weaknesses
- Skechers Shares Fall After Earnings