La Brea Shifts to Valley
L.A.-based La Brea Bakery is expanding to the San Fernando Valley, with plans to build a 67,000-square-foot bakery near the Anheuser-Busch brewery in Van Nuys.
The company will continue to make the majority of its breads at its bakery on Washington Boulevard, but is opening the new facility for a line of parbaked products parbaked breads are partially baked and then frozen. They will be distributed to restaurants and hotels, which finish the cooking process to make the bread taste freshly baked.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Regional Report
- BAKERIES---LaBrea Bakery Faces Challenge After Purchase by Conglomerate
- InBev Bid May Lead to Expansion at Local Bud Plant
- Budweiser Brewery Plans $20 Million Upgrade
- Car Parts Maker Rediscovers Acquisition Drive
- Deal Comes to a Head for Beer Makers
- Bud to Buy L.A.’s Golden Road
- Mixed Results for Vast Market As Sales, Leasing Activity Slow