Established in 1954
Les McCabe, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Board Executive Committee Chairs
McMahon Consulting Services
NBCUniversal Media, LLC
American Honda Finance Corporation
Crenshaw High School
Deloitte & Touche LLP
McCarthy Cook & Co.
Deloitte & Touche LLP (ret.)
For the full list, visit jasocal.org/board
To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy
JA SoCal annually serves more than 54,000 students throughout Los Angeles County, Kern County, Orange County and the Inland Empire. 75% of the students we serve in LA Country are considered socio-economically at-risk with incomes at or below 180% of the Federal poverty rate and 90% come from ethnic minority backgrounds.
What is your GuideStar Rating? Guidestar Platinum Seal of Transparency
What percentage of total revenue goes to cause (after operation expenses)? 69.1%
What was your greatest recent community impact?
In partnership with LAUSD, JASoCal launched an innovative learning model, 3DE, at Crenshaw High School. This game-changer in public education reengineers learning and provides equitable access to high-quality education- a lever to economic mobility.
• 3DE at Crenshaw High School Case Challenge Partners – ongoing
• JA Men’s Talk: Young Men’s Empowerment event (OC) – 12.8.2021
• JA Career Exploration Summit: Sports & Entertainment – Spring 2022
• JA Young Women’s Empowerment event (LA & OC) – Spring 2022
• 27th Annual JASoCal Golf Classic – 5.16.2022
• JA Stock Market Challenge (OC) – tba
• JA Classroom Volunteers (in-class and virtual available)
• JA Finance Park Volunteer: spend a day in JA Finance Park simulations guiding a small group
• JA Career Exploration Summit: Presenters
• JA Job Shadow: introduce a classroom of students to careers in your industry (in-person and virtual)