Riot Games employees walk out; Indose finds $3.5 million; Disney releases revised IP slate
Disposable vape pen developer Indose, based in Woodland Hills, recently closed a $3.5 million Series C fundraise led by Snoop Dogg’s venture capital firm Casa Verde Capital. Socaltech reports Indose has been in development for three years and will bring its products to California dispensaries in the coming months. Indose reports its vaping products are unique because they contain sensors to measure the milligrams of THC contained in each inhale to prevent users getting too high.
Roughly 200 employees of Santa Monica-based game developer Riot Games walked out on May 7 to protest what they say are unfair mandatory arbitration policies for sexual harassment claims. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the walkout was spurred by reports that Riot was filing arbitration against several former contracted employees who were suing it based on sex discrimination.
The Verge reports Walt Disney Co.’s lineup of upcoming animated and live-action films has grown exponentially following its acquisition of 21st Century Fox finalized last week. Among the Burbank-based entertainment giant’s new offerings are the “Avatar” franchise, which is set to release a new film in 2021, a film based on the animated adult show “Bob’s Burgers,” and an “X-Men” movie.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 20: Snap Hires New CFO, HR Leads
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 21: Hulu Lost $580 Million in 2018
- Silicon Beach Report April 30: Overwatch League Signs Bud Light as Sponsor
- Stubbs Alderton Ups Commitment to Startups
- Silicon Beach Report March 1: Forge Shifts San Francisco Headquarters to LA
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 7: Riot Games Sued
- Sinclair Acquiring 21 Regional Sports Networks From Disney
- Silicon Beach Report May 23: Boring Co. Contracted for Las Vegas Tunnel